- 1 15 ounce can of whole kernel corn
- 1 15 ounce can of creamed corn
- 1 5 ounce can of evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs (divided)
- 1 stick (8 Tablespoons) of unsalted butter, melted (divided)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large baking dish, add the corn, beaten eggs and evaporated milk, stir to incorporate. Add all remaining ingredients, reserving (that means set aside for use later for those of you who live in Valley Center) 1/2 cup of the Panko bread crumbs and 1/2 the melted butter for the topping. Mix everything together to incorporate. Add a splash or two of milk if the mixture seems dry. Bake for 35 minutes. For the topping, combine the remaining Panko bread crumbs and melted butter and spoon on top of the casserole. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the topping is golden, brown and delicious. Serving option: Include additional shredded cheddar in the topping.
Here's another Thanksgiving side dish that's pretty inexpensive to prepare yet tastes fabulous! Canned goods remain fairly cheap. The most expensive ingredient in this dish is the shredded cheese.
$pend Wisely My Friends...
If you appreciate this recipe and want to support more great content, recipes, product, service and food reviews on BachelorontheCheap.com, you can help keep this site going with a one-time or a monthly donation. Thank you so much for your support! ~ Mike