Takeaways from the Best in the Wichita Metro Burger Challenge 2022:
- If you have a choice, don't waste your time with the national fast food chains. Overall, the majority of them finished in the bottom tier of the burger standings. Buy and eat local. No national fast-food burgers made it into the Top 25. The best finish by a national chain fast food place was Sonic at #36.
- National chain fast food drive-thru can be convenient, but during a lunch or dinner rush, not really. You're better off going to a local burger joint and having a seat inside the place while your burger is made to order. You'll get a better-tasting burger, you'll spend about the same amount of money (or even less depending on the joint) and the amount of time spent averages just 4 minutes more.
- Time Spent: Breaking down burger joints into categories, Bar/Grill, Fast Casual and Fast Food, Average time to order for Bar/Grill: 11 minutes 20 seconds. Average time to order for Fast Casual: 11 minutes flat. Average time to order for Fast Food: 6 minutes 55 seconds.
- Money Spent: Same categories, Average cost at a Bar/Grill: $13.71. Average cost at Fast Casual: $12.44. Average cost at Fast Food: $11.33.
- Portions: You get bigger portions at a local burger joint than you do from a national burger chain. Locally owned joints tend to buy local produce, meats, etc., and don't have to worry about shipping costs. The result is a bigger burger and a bigger side, more burger bang for the buck! See the Buster's Burger Joint pic below.
For just a buck or two more and a couple extra minutes, you can have a much better burger experience than fast food!
Here are the best burger money values in the Wichita Metro:
- Big Arbor had the most inexpensive burger of this challenge, ringing in at $5 with their 1/2 price burger special on Wednesday nights. Their burger tallied 54 points of a possible 63, earning it 4 out of 5 Bachelor on the Cheap stars.
- Emerson Biggins Old Town has a 1/2 price burger special on Tuesdays at $5 and $6 depending on what you order. My timing was bad on this one, I showed up on the wrong night and paid full price! The Emerson Biggins Original Burger scored 54 points out of a possible 63, earning it 4 out of 5 Bachelor on the Cheap stars.
- Berneal's Carryout has the best everyday low price, two cheeseburger w/bacon sliders, fries and a drink cost me just $7. Berneal's scored a 49, receiving 4 out of 5 Bachelor on the Cheap stars.
- Side Pockets also has a good everyday low price. Costing me $7.51 with tax for the burger and tots, the Side Pockets Bacon Cheeseburger scored 51 out of a possible 63 points, earning 4 out of 5 Bachelor on the Cheap stars.
- Whiskey Dick's has a 1/2 price burger special on Wednesdays, with my burger on that occasion costing $7.50, and YUM! The Whiskey Dick's Classic Cheeseburger with a bacon add scored 57 points out of a possible 63, earning it 5 out of 5 Bachelor on the Cheap stars.
- Burger Central has a good everyday low price. Costing me $8.59 for the burger, side and a drink, the Burger Central Bacon Cheeseburger scored 58 points out of a possible 63, earning it 5 out of 5 Bachelor on the Cheap stars.
- Sport Burger has a good everyday low price. Costing me $10.63 for the combo meal, the Sport Burger #5, a Double Bacon Cheeseburger scored 57 points out of a possible 63, earning it 5 out of 5 Bachelor on the Cheap stars. This is one of the more reasonably priced burger joints in town, providing you a 1/2 pound of beef vs. the single patty (1/4lb.) a lot of competitors serve for about the same price.
The best bang for the burger buck:
Costing me $11 plus hitting the tip jar, the Buster's Burger Joint Double Cheeseburger with a bacon add scored a 59 out of a possible 63 points earning it 5 out of 5 Bachelor on the Cheap stars. Buster's is VERY Bachelor on the Cheap wallet-friendly, the value is tremendous and if Buster's isn't already on your burger to try list, it should be! It's Another Dose of YUM!
$pend Wisely My Friends...
Enjoy this post?
If you appreciate the article you just read and want to support more great content on BachelorontheCheap.com, you can help keep this site going with a one-time or a monthly donation. Thank you so much for your support! ~ Mike